Essentials 1-7 Set
Discover the joy of teaching reading, vocabulary, spelling and grammar with the Essentials 1-7 Set!
Essentials 1-7 Set contains everything needed to develop strong literacy skills, from discovery-based lessons and optional practice activities to interactive games. With this set, students will learn:
- Half of the basic phonograms
- A third of the spelling rules
- Morphemes such as PACT, FLICT and PLEX
- Parts of speech like pronouns and adjectives
- Some grammar rules
The Essentials 1-7 Set also includes the core materials you'll use again throughout the curriculum! Mix and match this set with the Essentials Reader Set, and/or the Rhythm of Handwriting Cursive Set or Manuscript Set to meet the unique needs of your students.
This set contains an assessment to determine if students should start with the pre-lessons or in Unit 1. Add the Rhythm of Handwriting Set if you are starting with the pre-lessons.
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Phonogram Game Card Set - Cursive or Manuscript
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Essentials Grammar Rule Quick Reference
- Phonogram & Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Quick Reference
I am using Essentials with my 4th and 5th grade students. I love that I can combine some instruction for both of them and also have different levels for their different abilities. The teacher manual is easy to understand and the material holds their interest and is excellent.
It took 3.5 years, but this girl just completed Essentials level A—all 30 lessons! We started when she was in 3rd grade, newly diagnosed dyslexic, and had tried a zillion other reading/spelling/writing curricula. She’s in 6th grade this year and now we will cycle back around to level B. We have moved through the first 7 lessons of level B in 2.5 months! It shows us that we’ve both learned a whole lot about the “whys” of the English language!