Foundations D Readers
that read like real books!
Eight non-fiction readers designed to coordinate with the fiction books that students read in Foundations D. These engaging readers provide students an opportunity to expand background knowledge and make exciting connections between texts.
- No Sight Words! - when introduced with Foundations D
- Fascinating, full-color illustrations
- Engaging non-fiction texts that coordinate with the children's literature used in the lessons
- Helps students develop background knowledge and make connections between texts
- Designed for teaching reading across the curriculum
- Develops academic vocabulary
- Includes new phonics concepts taught in Foundations D
Use with Foundations D, as an addition to another reading curriculum, or just for fun!
Foundations D Readers
- The Arctic and the Antarctic: Polar Opposites
- Baby Birds
- Bears, Bears, and More Bears
- Carp: Unexpected Consequences
- My Nest is Best!
- Frog or Toad?
- Many Kinds of Feet
- Mouse and Mole
The Foundations D Readers that
Coordinate with Children's Literature
Many of the nonfiction Foundations D Readers were designed to accompany the popular children's books used in the Foundations D lessons by providing background knowledge, insight into plays on words, and enhanced enjoyment of reading as students make connections between texts. The following titles are paired in the lessons:
- Reader 1: The Arctic and the Antarctic: Polar Opposites - Polar Opposites, by Erik Brooks
- Reader 2: Baby Birds - Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
- Reader 3: Bears, Bears, and More Bears - Little Bear, by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Reader 4: Carp: Unexpected Consequences - A Fish Out of Water, by Helen Palmer
- Reader 5: My Nest is Best! - The Best Nest, by P.D. Eastman
- Reader 6: Frog or Toad? - Frog and Toad Together, by Arnold Lobel
- Reader 8: Mouse and Mole - Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole, by Wong Herbert Yee
For a list of the children's fiction books you will need for Foundations D along with these Readers, see our Foundations D Children's Literature Set.
- 8 individually-bound readers
- 20 pages each
- Full color
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Product SKU: CFDR1P
- This product is no longer available as a Single Student/Family License PDF. Learn more.
We Also Recommend