Foundations C Student Workbook - 2nd Edition
Phonics and Reading Curriculum
The Foundations Level C Student Workbook provides a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your student in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a complete foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
**2nd edition note: The Foundations C Readers are now sold separately as a set of individually bound books! They are no longer included as tear-outs in the workbook.
Foundations C Student Workbook
- Fluency games that practice two-syllable words
- Comprehension activities that promote problem solving and critical thinking
- New and exciting phonogram games that keep students engaged in practice
- Copywork practice related to the eight nonfiction Foundations C Readers
- Three handwriting line sizes to accommodate student ability and preference
- Colorful, engaging illustrations
More about Foundations C
- For students who have completed Foundations B
- 27 new multi-letter phonograms
- Master all 74 Basic Phonograms
- 12 new spelling rules
- Fun activities develop speed and accuracy
- Identify six reasons for a silent final E
- Read two-syllable words and practice strategies for reading three-syllable words
- Learn the meaning of common affixes such as UN-, -ED, and -ING
- Develop comprehension strategies for non-fiction texts such as finding the main idea and identifying key words
- Read and follow simple instructions
Prerequisites for Level C
- Ages 5 to 7 (after completing level B)
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades 1-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
- Early readers age 7 and under
- Foundations C Workbook is printed in only ONE version. Student samples are in bookface, and students practice the handwriting they have learned.
- Lowercase letters are taught in Foundations A.
- Uppercase letters are taught in Foundations B.
- Students who need additional handwriting support should use the Copywork Supplement for Foundations C.
What else do I need to teach Foundations C?
- Foundations C Teacher's Manual
- Foundations C Readers
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, and Foundations C Readers are all needed to teach Foundations C.
- There is only one version of the Foundations C Workbook, which may be used with either the cursive or manuscript handwriting style.
- 2nd edition. Compatible with any printing of the Foundations C Teacher's Manual.
- Foundations C Readers are now sold separately as a set of eight individually bound books. They are no longer included in the back as they were in the 1st edition Foundations C Workbook (SKU: CFCW1P).
- Foundations C builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A and B. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, you may also wish to consider Essentials (for guidance, click Help me choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
- Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
Second Edition. Compatible with any printing of the Foundations C Teacher's Manual.
Readers now sold separately
Available in two versions:Print
- High-quality paperback
- Full color
- Perforated pages for easy tear-out
- 246 pages
- Weight: 1.6 lb.
- Product SKU: CFCW2P
- Downloadable PDF format.
- See user license below
- Product SKU: CFCW2A
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Student/Family License: This digital license is for use by ONE student or the members of ONE immediate family, including parents, children, and grandparents. If you are teaching additional students, you must purchase an additional Single Student/Family License, or purchase the Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License.
A classroom license is also available.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend