Foundations C Teacher's Manual
LOE Foundations: Complete Phonics and Reading Curriculum for Ages 4-7
This pick-up-and-teach manual provides everything you need to take students ages 5-7 to the next level of reading and writing, building on the concepts they have learned in Foundations A and B!
Foundations C Teacher's Manual
- Foundations lessons 81-120
- Creative and varied comprehension activities
- Fluency practice that keeps students motivated
- Assessments to monitor student progress
- Comprehension activities and questions for the Foundations C Readers
- Easy to follow lessons that explain concepts such as broad vowels, open vowels, and six reasons for a silent final E
- 33 phonogram games to promote mastery
- Beginning composition activities with guided support
- Materials lists
- Clearly laid out objectives
- Scripted lessons facilitate teachers learning alongside their students
- 8 bonus Miles and Jax lessons provide fun reading and spelling practice
- Easy to teach! No training required!
More about Foundations C
- For students who have completed Foundations B
- 28 new multi-letter phonograms
- Master all 75 Basic phonograms (including 47 introduced in Foundations A and B)
- 12 new spelling rules
- Fun activities develop speed and accuracy
- Practice reading multi-syllable words
- Identify six reasons for a silent final E
- Read two-syllable words and practice strategies for reading three-syllable words
- Learn the meaning of common affixes such as UN-, -ED, and -ING
- Develop comprehension strategies for non-fiction texts such as finding the main idea and identifying key words
- Read and follow simple instructions
- Read fiction and nonfiction texts with short paragraphs and multi-syllable words.
- Ages 5 to 7 (after completing level B)
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades 1-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2 (with levels B and D)
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
- Early readers age 7 and under. (Have an early reader? See ideas for adjusting the pace and level of challenge.)
Prerequisites for Level C
- Foundations B (lessons 41-80 of Foundations)
- The Foundations C Workbook is printed in only ONE version. Student samples are in bookface.
- Lowercase letters are taught in Foundations A.
- Uppercase letters are taught in Foundations B.
- Students who need additional handwriting support should use the Copywork Supplement for Foundations C.
What else do I need to teach Foundations C?
New for this level
- Foundations C Student Workbook
- Foundations C Readers
- Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Miles and Jax
- Miles and Jax: Master Planners
Reusable supplements from Foundations A and B
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram & Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Quick Reference
This Teacher's Manual is compatible with any edition of the Foundations C Student Workbook.
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, and Foundations C Readers are all needed to teach Foundations C.
- All instructions for games are included within the Teacher's Manual.
- Foundations C builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A and B. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, we recommend starting with Essentials (for guidance, click Help me choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
- Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
- 3rd Edition (2019)
- Full color
- 328 pages
- Weight: 2.9 lbs.
- Printed in the USA
- SKU: CFCTM3P
- ISBN: 978-1-942154-82-2
Single User License PDF
- File Size: 4.7 MB
- File Type: PDF
- Format: Tablet
- SKU: CFCTM3A
- ISBN: 978-1-942154-83-9
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single User License: This digital license is for use by ONE individual. The licensed user may use the file on any device or computer and may print it, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license. The file may be shared ONLY with members of the licensed user’s immediate family or household.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend