Foundations B Student Workbook
LOE Foundations: A Complete Reading and Phonics Curriculum for
The Foundations student workbooks provide a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your student in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a complete foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
**2nd edition note: The Foundations B Readers are now sold separately as a set of individually bound books! They are not included as tear-outs in the workbook like the readers for Foundations A. Either edition of the workbook is compatible with any Foundations B Teacher's Manual.
Foundations B Student Workbook - Lessons 41-80
- Student pages for lessons 41-80 of Foundations
- Variety, fun, and games!
- A wide variety of activities to promote fluency, such as The Silent E Machine
- Engaging sentence-level comprehension activities
- Choose a cursive or manuscript version!
- Four handwriting line sizes to accommodate student ability and preference
- Colorful, engaging illustrations
More about Foundations B
- Learn to write the uppercase letters in cursive or manuscript
- Match uppercase and lowercase letters
- 21 new multi-letter phonograms
- 8 spelling rules
- Learn about schwa and why it happens so often in English
- 296 new high-frequency words and the tools for reading thousands of additional words
- 2 reasons for a silent final E
- Read one-syllable words with a long vowel sound
- Identify the medial vowel in a word
- Read and comprehend simple sentences
- Fun and engaging games
- Ages 4 to 7
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades K-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades K-2
- Beginning readers
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
Prerequisites for Level B
- Foundations A or
- Students age 4-7 who know how to:
- blend separate sounds into words auditorily
- segment words into their individual sounds auditorily
- identify all the sounds of A-Z
- sound out unfamiliar CVC and consonant-blend words
- write the lowercase letters comfortably from muscle memory
If you are starting Foundations at B rather than continuing from A, see Starting Foundations with children who are already reading and What materials do I need to start at Foundations B? for guidance on starting the program at this level.
- The Foundations A and B Teacher's Manuals include instructions for teaching BOTH manuscript and cursive
- The Foundations A and B Workbooks are sold in TWO versions, manuscript and cursive. Choose the version that matches the handwriting style you are teaching.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
What else do I need to teach Foundations B?
- Foundations B Teacher's Manual
- Foundations B Readers
- Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Foundations B Readers: Young Artist Series (NEW!)
- Basic Phonogram Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Choose either the Manuscript or the Cursive version of the workbook.
- Foundations A Teacher's Manual includes both Manuscript and Cursive teaching instructions.
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, and Foundations B Readers are all needed to teach Foundations B.
- Save when you order a discounted set!
- Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
Second Edition. Compatible with any Foundations B Teacher's Manual.
Readers now sold separately.
Available in two formats:Print
- High-quality paperback
- Full color
- Perforated pages for easy tear-out
- 236 pages
- Weight: 1.5 lb.
- ISBN: Cursive 978-1-936706-77-8, Manuscript 978-1-936706-78-5
- Downloadable PDFs in a ZIP file
- User license information below
- ISBN: Cursive 978-1-942154-07-5, Manuscript 978-1-942154-08-2
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Student/Family License: This digital license is for use by ONE student or the members of ONE immediate family, including parents, children, and grandparents. If you are teaching additional students, you must purchase an additional Single Student/Family License, or purchase the Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License.
A classroom license is also available.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend