Foundations B Student Workbook
LOE Foundations: A Complete Reading and Phonics Curriculum for
The Foundations student workbooks provide a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your student in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a complete foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
**2nd edition note: The Foundations B Readers are now sold separately as a set of individually bound books! They are not included as tear-outs in the workbook like the readers for Foundations A. Either edition of the workbook is compatible with any Foundations B Teacher's Manual.
Foundations B Student Workbook - Lessons 41-80
- Student pages for lessons 41-80 of Foundations
- Variety, fun, and games!
- A wide variety of activities to promote fluency, such as The Silent E Machine
- Engaging sentence-level comprehension activities
- Choose a cursive or manuscript version!
- Four handwriting line sizes to accommodate student ability and preference
- Colorful, engaging illustrations
More about Foundations B
- Learn to write the uppercase letters in cursive or manuscript
- Match uppercase and lowercase letters
- 21 new multi-letter phonograms
- 8 spelling rules
- Learn about schwa and why it happens so often in English
- 296 new high-frequency words and the tools for reading thousands of additional words
- 2 reasons for a silent final E
- Read one-syllable words with a long vowel sound
- Identify the medial vowel in a word
- Read and comprehend simple sentences
- Fun and engaging games
- Ages 4 to 7
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades K-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades K-2
- Beginning readers
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
Prerequisites for Level B
- Foundations A or
- Students age 4-7 who know how to:
- blend separate sounds into words auditorily
- segment words into their individual sounds auditorily
- identify all the sounds of A-Z
- sound out unfamiliar CVC and consonant-blend words
- write the lowercase letters comfortably from muscle memory
If you are starting Foundations at B rather than continuing from A, see Starting Foundations with children who are already reading and What materials do I need to start at Foundations B? for guidance on starting the program at this level.
- The Foundations A and B Teacher's Manuals include instructions for teaching BOTH manuscript and cursive
- The Foundations A and B Workbooks are sold in TWO versions, manuscript and cursive. Choose the version that matches the handwriting style you are teaching.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
What else do I need to teach Foundations B?
- Foundations B Teacher's Manual
- Foundations B Readers
- Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Foundations B Readers: Young Artist Series (NEW!)
- Basic Phonogram Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Choose either the Manuscript or the Cursive version of the workbook.
- Foundations A Teacher's Manual includes both Manuscript and Cursive teaching instructions.
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, and Foundations B Readers are all needed to teach Foundations B.
- Save when you order a discounted set!
Second Edition. Compatible with any Foundations B Teacher's Manual.
Readers now sold separately.
- High-quality paperback
- Full color
- Perforated pages for easy tear-out
- 236 pages
- Weight: 1.5 lb.
- ISBN: Cursive 978-1-936706-77-8, Manuscript 978-1-936706-78-5
- This product is no longer available as a PDF. Learn more.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend