Essentials 23-30 Teacher’s Guide
Essentials Lessons 23-30
Reading, Spelling, Grammar & Vocabulary
Learn alongside your students!
Fully scripted lessons and a wealth of teacher resources guide you through every step of teaching the next seven lessons of Essentials! Equip your students for success in reading and spelling as you discover the Logic of English together.
Essentials Teacher’s Guide, Lessons 23-30
The Essentials Teacher’s Guides, the heart of the Essentials curriculum, contains a wealth of tips and resources to equip both veteran and novice teachers to teach Essentials effectively. The Teacher's Guide for Lessons 23-30 builds on the concepts introduced in Lessons 1-7, Lessons 8-15, and Lessons 16-22 to take students even deeper in their understanding of English words.
- Lessons divided into 5 parts for flexible scheduling
- Three levels of instruction make it easy to differentiate instruction, teach students at multiple levels simultaneously, and reuse the curriculum multiple times
- Clear, scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Full color layout
- Comprehensive index
- Phonemic awareness
- Spelling analysis - detailed charts!
- Grammar instruction
- Phonogram and spelling games, instructions included
- Vocabulary instruction with Latin and Greek roots
- Dozens of engaging activities, extensive reviews, and challenge ideas
- Assessment and Review at the end of each lesson
More About Essentials
- Discovery-based instruction
- Meaningful practice
- Engaging activities
- Accurate and complete phonics instruction
- 75 Phonograms
- 31 Spelling Rules
- Advanced Phonograms
- Spelling Analysis helps students develop fluency and mastery
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary development by learning morphemes
- Differentiated instruction with three levels of spelling and vocabulary
Essentials is Recommended for
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Struggling readers age 8 to adult
- Struggling spellers age 8 to adult
- Students with dyslexia
- ELL reading and spelling instruction
- Students who have completed Essentials 1st edition (2012) and want to review the material a second time with more advanced spelling words and vocabulary
- Essentials Lessons 1-22
Continuing in Essentials after these lessons
If you are using the Level A or Level B spelling lists with your students, you will be able to use Essentials one or two additional times. Begin again at Lesson 1, moving up to the next level for the Spelling Lists, grammar activities, and vocabulary instruction.
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
Both the Teacher’s Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials lessons.
To teach Lessons 23-30, you will need two other new items and your reusable supplements from Essentials Lessons 1-22.
New Materials for Lessons 23-30 (buy all three as a set and save 14%!)
Reusable Materials from Lessons 1-22
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards (If you purchased your Grammar Flash Cards before March of 2018, you may wish to order an updated set. The 3rd edition contains a number of new concepts taught in Lessons 16-30 that were not included in the older edition. Learn about the updates.)
- Morpheme Flash Cards for 1-7, 8-15, and 16-22
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards (choose Cursive or Manuscript)
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Quick Reference
- Order the set and save 14%!
- Both the Teacher's Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
- This Teacher's Guide is only compatible with the Essentials Student Workbook for lessons 23-30.
- Available in PDF or Print. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
3rd Edition (2019). Compatible with any Essentials 23-30 Student Workbook. Includes an expanded introduction with additional guidance and tips not included in the previous printing, as well as minor corrections.
- 3rd Edition (2019)
- Full color
- 404 pages
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Printed in the USA
- SKU: CE3TG4P
- ISBN: 978-1-942154-84-6
Single User License PDF
- File Size: 18.6 MB
- File Type: PDF
- Format: Tablet
- SKU: CE3TG4A
- ISBN: 978-1-942154-85-3
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single User License: This digital license is for use by ONE individual. The licensed user may use the file on any device or computer and may print it, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license. The file may be shared ONLY with members of the licensed user’s immediate family or household.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend