Foundations B Teacher's Manual
LOE Foundations: A Complete Reading and Phonics Curriculum for Ages 4-7
The pick-up-and-teach Foundations Teacher's Manuals guide you through everything you need to introduce students ages 4-7 to reading and writing!
Foundations B Teacher's Manual - Lessons 41-80
3rd Edition - NEW!
- Carefully designed lessons that help you explain concepts like syllables, schwa, and silent final E's while learning alongside your students
- Uppercase handwriting instruction for both manuscript and cursive included
- Instructions for 39 phonogram games
- Engaging fluency games that get kids up and moving
- Guided assessments
- Materials lists
- Teacher tips that help you to answer student questions
- Spelling Analysis lists with guides for marking words and sample scripting
- Clearly laid out skills
- Easy to teach! No special training required!
More about Foundations B
- Learn to write the uppercase letters in cursive or manuscript
- Match uppercase and lowercase letters
- 21 new multi-letter phonograms
- 8 spelling rules
- Learn about schwa and why it happens so often in English
- Learn 296 new high-frequency words, and the tools for reading and spelling thousands of additional words
- 2 reasons for a silent final E
- Read one-syllable words with a long vowel sound
- Identify the medial vowel in a word
- Read and comprehend simple sentences
- Play fun and engaging games
- Ages 4 to 7
- Any student age 7 or under who has completed Foundations A or who has strong phonemic awareness skills, knows all the sounds of A-Z, and can write the lowercase letters
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades K-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades K-2
- Beginning readers
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
- Early readers ready to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
Prerequisites for Level B
- Foundations A or
- Students age 4-7 who know how to:
- blend separate sounds into words auditorily
- segment words into their individual sounds auditorily
- identify all the sounds of A-Z
- sound out unfamiliar CVC and consonant-blend words like win, clap, and lost to read them and spell them
- write the lowercase letters comfortably from muscle memory
If you are starting Foundations at B rather than continuing from A, see Starting Foundations with children who are already reading and Can I start Foundations at B? What materials do I need? for tips on starting the program at this level.
- The Foundations A and B Teacher's Manuals include instructions for teaching BOTH manuscript and cursive.
- The Foundations A and B Workbooks are sold in TWO versions, manuscript and cursive. Choose the version that matches the handwriting style you are teaching.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
What else do I need to teach Foundations B?
- Foundations B Student Workbook
- Foundations B Readers
- Foundations B Readers: Young Artist Series
- Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram & Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
Save when you order Foundations B as a set! Choose the Foundations B Set if you're continuing from A and already have the reusable supplements, or the Foundations B Set - for Starting at B if you are beginning Foundations at this level.
- Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
- Choose either the Manuscript or the Cursive version of the workbook.
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, Foundations B Readers, and Foundations B Readers: Young Artist Series are all needed to teach Foundations B, along with reusable supplements used throughout Foundations.
- All instructions for games are included within the manual.
3rd Edition (2019)
- Compatible with any Foundations B Student Workbook.
- Now includes reading comprehension questions for our eight new Foundations B Readers, The Young Artist Series, as well as new comprehension questions for the original Foundations B Readers.
- Updated section headers indicate what skills students are practicing in each section of the lesson.
- Full color
- 292 pages
- Weight: 2.6 lb.
- Product SKU: CFBTM3P
- Digital download
- See user license below
- Product SKU: CFBTM3A
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Teacher License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher. Multiple teachers in the same school or multiple parents in the same co-op must each have their own purchased license.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend