Foundations D Student Workbook
LOE Foundations: A Complete Phonics and Reading Curriculum
for Ages 4-7
The Foundations Level D Student Workbook provides a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your student in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a complete foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
Foundations D Student Workbook - Lessons 121-160
- Student activity pages for lessons 121-160 of Foundations
- Timed fluency practice with passages that students will enjoy reading
- Colorful suffixing chart
- Interesting comprehension activities that expand on the Foundations D Readers
- More creative fluency games
- Comprehension activities that promote problem solving and critical thinking
- Suffixing and affixing games
- Copywork practice related to the Foundations D Readers
- Three handwriting line sizes to accommodate varying student abilities
- Creative activities to guide students into writing complete sentences
- Colorful templates for composition
More About Foundations D
- Build on the phonics, spelling, reading, language, and handwriting skills introduced in levels A-C of Foundations (lessons 1-120)
- Read classic children's books and nonfiction Foundations readers
- 6 new spelling rules, including suffixing rules
- 8 Advanced Phonograms
- Fun activities develop speed and accuracy
- Develop comprehension skills for reading fiction and nonfiction texts, including inferencing, main idea, sequencing, identifying the elements of a story, and more
- Practice drawing connections between texts
- Beginning composition activities
- Create posters, lists, summaries, letters, and books
- Use morphemes to improve spelling and develop vocabulary
- Reading comprehension texts introduce students to series of books like Little Bear, Dodsworth, and Ling and Ting
- For students who have completed Foundations C
- Ages 5 to 8 (after completing Foundations C)
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades 1-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
Prerequisites for Level D
- Foundations B and Foundations C.
- Students age 8 and up who are new to Logic of English should begin with Essentials.
What else do I need to teach Foundations D?
- Foundations D Teacher's Manual
- Basic Phonogram Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Foundations D Readers - set includes eight original nonfiction readers used in this level
You will also need the 13 children's books used in the lessons. These may be purchased from Logic of English or obtained from a library or bookseller of your choice.
- Polar Opposites by Erik Brooks
- Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems
- A Fish Out of Water by Helen Palmer
- Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same! by Grace Lin
- Henry and Mudge: The First Book by Cynthia Rylant
- Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea by Cynthia Rylant
- Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel
- Dodsworth in New York by Tim Egan
- Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole by Wong Herbert Lee
- Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- Go, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- Optional items:
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards - 48 advanced phonograms, 8 of which are introduced in Foundations D. You can also download a free PDF of these eight cards at www.logicofenglish.com/foundations/d
- Grammar Flash Cards - 84 grammar rules, 8 of which are introduced in Foundations D. You can also download a free PDF of these eight cards at www.logicofenglish.com/foundations/d
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, Foundations D Readers, and 13 children's books are all needed to teach Foundations D.
- There is only one version of the Foundations D Workbook, which may be used with either the cursive or manuscript handwriting style.
- Foundations D builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A, B and C. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, you may also wish to consider Essentials (for guidance, click Help me choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
- Save when you order a discounted set!
- Foundations D Workbook is printed in only ONE version. Student samples are in bookface, and students practice the handwriting they have learned.
- Lowercase letters are taught in Foundations A.
- Uppercase letters are taught in Foundations B.
- High-quality paperback
- Full color
- Perforated pages for easy tear-out
- 287 pages
- Weight: 1.8 oz.
- Product SKU: CFDW1P
- This product is no longer available as a Single Student/Family License PDF. Learn more.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend