Foundations A Student Workbook
Reading and Phonics Curriculum
The Foundations Level A Student Workbook provides a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your student in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a complete foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
Foundations A Student Workbook
- Not your typical workbook!
- Filled with fun activities that get students up and moving
- Choose a cursive or manuscript version!
- Four handwriting line sizes to accommodate varying student abilities
- Six tear-out readers for the student to create
- Colorful, engaging illustrations
- Fun word-level and phrase-level comprehension activities
More about Foundations A
- Learn all the sounds of A-Z
- Develop phonemic awareness skills including blending and segmenting one-syllable words
- Identify initial and final sounds
- Learn to read and spell short vowel CVC words
- Learn to read and spell consonant blends
- Students create 6 delightful readers
- Learn to write lowercase A-Z in either manuscript or cursive
- Cursive or manuscript handwriting modeled in the workbook
- Learn to read 87 high-frequency words and gain tools to read hundreds more
- Comprehension and fluency activities
- Ages 4 to 7
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades K-1
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades K-1
- Beginning readers
- Young struggling readers
- Young students with dyslexia
- The Foundations A and B Teacher's Manuals include instructions for teaching BOTH manuscript and cursive.
- The Foundations A and B Workbooks are sold in TWO versions, manuscript and cursive. Choose the version that matches the handwriting style you are teaching.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
What else do I need to teach Foundations A?
- Foundations A Teacher's Manual
- Doodling Dragons: An ABC Book of Sounds
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Choose either the Manuscript or the Cursive version of the workbook in the drop-down menu above.
- Foundations A Teacher's Manual includes both Manuscript and Cursive teaching instructions.
- Both the Teacher’s Manuals and Student Workbooks are needed to teach Foundations.
- Save when you buy the complete set!
1st Edition (2013)
- High-quality paperback
- Full color
- Perforated pages for easy tear-out
- 6 student readers included in the back
- 230 pages
- 1st Edition
- Weight: 1.4 lb.
- SKU, Cursive: CFACW1P
- SKU, 20-Pack Cursive: CFACW1P20
- SKU, Manuscript: CFAMW1P
- SKU, 20-Pack Manuscript: CFAMW1P20
- This product is no longer available as a Single Student / Family PDF. Learn more.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend