Foundations A Teacher's Manual
Reading and Phonics Curriculum
This pick-up-and-teach manual provides everything you need to introduce students ages 4-7 to reading and writing!
Foundations A Teacher's Manual
- Extensive phonemic awareness activities that build from feeling and seeing how the mouth forms sounds to blending and segmenting one-syllable words
- Lowercase instruction for both manuscript and cursive included
- Instructions for 28 phonogram games
- Speech tips to help students who cannot say some of the sounds
- Ideas for multi-sensory fun
- Challenge activities
- Scripted lessons facilitate teachers learning alongside their students
- Materials lists
- Teacher tips that help you to answer students' questions
- Spelling Analysis lists showing how to mark words and sample scripting, guiding you as you teach students about why words are spelled and read the way they are.
- Clearly laid out objectives
- Easy to teach! No training required!
- Guided assessments to monitor student progress
More about Foundations A
- Fun activities that get students up and moving!
- Learn all the sounds of A-Z
- Develop phonemic awareness skills including blending and segmenting one-syllable words
- Identify initial and final sounds
- Learn to read and spell short vowel CVC words
- Learn to read and spell consonant blends
- Students create 6 delightful readers
- Learn to write lowercase A-Z in either manuscript or cursive
- Learn to read 87 high-frequency words
- Comprehension and fluency activities
Foundations is Recommended for
- Ages 4 to 7
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades K-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades K-1
- Beginning readers
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
- The Foundations A and B Teacher's Manuals include instructions for teaching BOTH manuscript and cursive.
- The Foundations A and B Workbooks are sold in TWO versions, manuscript and cursive. Choose the version that matches the handwriting style you are teaching.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
What else do I need to teach Foundations A?
- Foundations A Student Workbook Choose Cursive or Manuscript
- Doodling Dragons: An ABC Book of Sounds
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Choose either the Manuscript or the Cursive version of the workbook.
- Foundations A Teacher's Manual includes both Manuscript and Cursive teaching instructions.
- Both the Teacher’s Manual and Student Workbook are needed to teach Foundations.
- All instructions for games are included within the manual.
- Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
- 2nd Edition (2019)
- Full color
- 248 pages
- Weight: 2.3 lbs.
- Printed in the USA
- SKU: CFATM2P
- ISBN: 978-1-942154-80-8
Single User License PDF
- File Size: 3.9 MB
- File Type: PDF
- Format: Tablet
- SKU: CFATM2A
- ISBN: 978-1-942154-81-5
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single User License: This digital license is for use by ONE individual. The licensed user may use the file on any device or computer and may print it, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license. The file may be shared ONLY with members of the licensed user’s immediate family or household.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend