Miles and Jax: Master Planners - Annual Classroom PDF
New! Entertaining stories for children in Foundations C and other developing readers.
Meet Miles and Jax
Miles and his best friend Jax never stop planning new schemes and adventures. From investigating a mystery to building an epic treehouse, the ongoing escapades of an irrepressible talking meerkat and his clever, loving human continue in this delightful sequel to Miles and Jax.
Reading the stories - without memorizing sight words!
The second book in the Miles and Jax series, Miles and Jax: Master Planners provides phonics-controlled reading texts for the second half of Foundations C.
Kids will love reading about Miles and Jax! Their engaging stories disguise the fact that these are actually phonics readers, carefully designed so that students using Logic of English® Foundations can sound out every word, even those commonly taught as sight words. Building on just a few concepts at a time, these readers help kids cross that magic boundary where reading becomes more fun than work!
This book presents four more stories about this adventurous pair of friends. Designed to provide additional reading practice alongside the Foundations C Readers, Miles and Jax: Master Planners uses new reading and phonics concepts introduced in Foundations C like the phonograms EY, DGE, EW, and AU, why lazy O sometimes says /u/, the rule "C always softens to /s/ before E, I, or Y," and several more reasons for a silent E.
As they read, students continue to practice applying the phonogram sounds and spelling rules they learned earlier in Foundations, building fluency with these tools as they read sentences, short paragraphs, and multi-syllable words.
Contents and Foundations C Lesson Pairings
Chapter 1: Miles and Jax Solve a Crime - after Lesson 105
Chapter 2: Miles and Jax Build a Treehouse - after Lesson 110
Chapter 3: Miles and Jax Make a Surprise - after Lesson 115
Chapter 4: Not a Mere Cat - after Lesson 120
The stories in the first book, Miles and Jax, correspond to the first half of Foundations C (lessons 81-100).
Lesson correlation for each chapter is also listed in the back of the book for teacher reference.
- Foundations C. Each chapter is designed to be read after completion of a specific lesson in Foundations C. Every word in each chapter can be sounded out successfully using phonograms, spelling rules, and language concepts that have been taught by that point in Level C.
- Also a great reading option for children in Foundations D and any other developing readers who are learning accurate phonics tools for sounding out English words.
Product DetailsPDF Annual Classroom License
- Downloadable PDFs in a ZIP file (click the links to learn more about using these formats)
- Licensed for use by multiple students of one teacher for one year. See license information below.
- 66 pages
- Full color
- Includes two versions:
- Printable version - PDF formatted for printing, with pages arranged two per sheet and ordered so that they can be printed and folded to create a booklet.
- Digital version - PDF formatted for a tablet, computer, or other electronic device, with one page per sheet in standard order.
- Product SKU: CFCMJMPC
- Printed books and single-user license PDFs are also available.
PDF License Information
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher with up to 40 of his/her direct students. Multiple teachers in the same school must each have their own purchased license. This license expires on July 31, 2018.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend