Miles and Jax - Annual Classroom PDF
New! Entertaining stories for children in Foundations C and other developing readers.
Meet Miles and Jax
Jax is a talking meerkat whose boundless curiosity and enthusiasm tend to get him into tight spots. Thankfully, his human friend Miles is there to help him and teach him everything he needs to know about life. Along the way, their adventures lead to the kind of crazy, hilarious moments that only two best friends can have.
Reading the stories - without memorizing sight words!
Miles and Jax provides four phonics-controlled reading texts that correspond with the first twenty lessons in level C of Logic of English Foundations.
Kids will love reading about Miles and Jax, whose engaging stories disguise the fact that these are actually phonics readers, carefully designed so that students using Logic of English® Foundations can sound out every word, even those commonly taught as sight words. Building on just a few concepts at a time, these readers help kids cross that magic boundary where reading becomes more fun than work!
This book presents the first four stories about this adventurous pair of friends. Designed to provide additional reading practice alongside the Foundations C Readers, Miles and Jax uses new reading and phonics concepts introduced in the first half of Foundations C like the phonograms IR, UR, WOR, and OO, multi-syllable words, and vowels saying a schwa sound in an unstressed syllable.
As they read, students continue to practice applying the phonogram sounds and the spelling rules they learned in Foundations A and B, building fluency with these tools as they read sentences, short paragraphs, and multi-syllable words.
Contents and Foundations C Lesson Pairings
Chapter 1: Miles and Jax - after Lesson 85
Chapter 2: Miles and Jax Go to the Playground - after Lesson 90
Chapter 3: Miles and Jax Clean Up - after Lesson 95
Chapter 4: Miles and Jax Go Camping - after Lesson 100
Miles and Jax continue their escapades in Miles and Jax: Master Planners, with chapters designed for use with the second half of Foundations C (lessons 101-120).
- Foundations C. Each chapter is designed to be read after completion of a specific lesson in Foundations C, and every word in each chapter can be sounded out successfully using phonograms, spelling rules, and language concepts that have been taught by that point in Level C.
Product DetailsPDF Annual Classroom License
- Downloadable PDFs in a ZIP file (click the links to learn more about using these formats)
- Licensed for use by multiple students of one teacher for one year. See license information below.
- 62 pages
- Full color
- Includes two versions:
- Printable version - PDF formatted for printing, with pages arranged two per sheet and ordered so that they can be printed and folded to create a booklet.
- Digital version - PDF formatted for a tablet, computer, or other electronic device, with one page per sheet in standard order.
- Product SKU: CFCMJC
- Printed books and single-user license PDFs are also available.
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher with up to 40 of his/her direct students. Multiple teachers in the same school must each have their own purchased license. This license expires on July 31, 2018.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend