Foundations D Student Workbook - Annual Classroom PDF
A Complete Phonics and Reading Curriculum
The Foundations Level D Student Workbook provides a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your student in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a complete foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
Foundations D Student Workbook
Licensed for use by one teacher with up to 40 students for one year.
- Timed fluency practice with passages that students will enjoy reading
- Colorful suffixing chart
- Interesting comprehension activities that expand on the Foundations D Readers
- More creative fluency games
- Comprehension activities that promote problem solving and critical thinking
- Suffixing and affixing games
- Copywork practice related to the Foundations D Readers
- Three handwriting line sizes to accommodate varying student abilities
- Creative activities to guide students into writing complete sentences
- Colorful templates for composition
More About Foundations D
- Read classic children's books and nonfiction readers
- 6 new spelling rules, including suffixing rules
- 8 Advanced Phonograms
- Fun activities develop speed and accuracy
- Develop comprehension skills for reading fiction and nonfiction texts, including inferencing, main idea, sequencing, identifying the elements of a story, and more
- Practice drawing connections between texts
- Beginning composition activities
- Create posters, lists, summaries, letters, and books
- Use morphemes to improve spelling and develop vocabulary
- Reading comprehension texts introduce students to series of books like Little Bear, Dodsworth, and Ling and Ting
- For students who have completed Foundations C
- Ages 5 to 8 (after completing Foundations C)
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades 1-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
Prerequisites for Level D
- Foundations B and Foundations C.
- Students age 8 and up who are new to Logic of English should begin with Essentials (learn more under Ordering Information below).
What else do I need to teach Foundations D?
- Foundations D Teacher's Manual
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Foundations D Readers - set includes eight original nonfiction readers used in this level
You will also need the 13 children's books used in the lessons. These may be obtained from Logic of English or from a library or bookseller of your choice.
- Polar Opposites
- Little Bear
- Should I Share My Ice Cream?
- A Fish Out of Water
- Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same!
- Henry and Mudge: The First Book
- Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea
- Frog and Toad Together
- Dodsworth in New York
- Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole
- Are You My Mother? (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- Go, Dog. Go! (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- The Best Nest (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, Foundations D Readers, and 13 children's books are all needed to teach Foundations D, along with the reusable supplements used in previous levels of Foundations.
- Foundations D builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A, B and C. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, you may also wish to consider Essentials (for guidance, click Help me choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
Handwriting StyleFoundations D Workbook is printed in only ONE version. Student samples are in bookface, and students practice the handwriting they have learned.
- Lowercase letters are taught in Foundations A.
- Uppercase letters are taught in Foundations B.
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher with up to 40 of his/her direct students. Multiple teachers in the same school must each have their own purchased license. This license expires on July 31, 2018.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend