Foundations D Student Workbook 20-Pack
Reading and Phonics Curriculum
20 workbooks, bulk discount - save 10%!
The Foundations Level D Student Workbook provides a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your students in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
Foundations D Student Workbook
- Timed fluency practice with passages that students will enjoy reading
- Colorful suffixing chart
- Interesting comprehension activities that expand on the Foundations D Readers
- More creative fluency games
- Comprehension activities that promote problem solving and critical thinking
- Suffixing and affixing games
- Copywork practice related to the Foundations D Readers
- Three handwriting line sizes to accommodate student ability and preference
- Creative activities to guide students into writing complete sentences
- Colorful templates for composition
- Ages 5 to 8 (after completing Foundations C)
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2
- Early readers age 7 and under
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
Prerequisites for Level D
What else do I need to teach Foundations D?
Teacher Materials (available individually or in the B-C-D Classroom Teacher Set)
- Foundations D Teacher's Manual
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
Reusable Student Materials (available individually or in a 4-Student Supplement Pack for Foundations B-C-D)
- Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- Cursive OR Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Foundations D Readers - the set includes eight original nonfiction readers used in this level
You will also need the 13 children's books used in the lessons. These may be obtained from a library or bookseller of your choice.
- Polar Opposites
- Little Bear
- Should I Share My Ice Cream?
- A Fish Out of Water
- Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same!
- Henry and Mudge: The First Book
- Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea
- Frog and Toad Together
- Dodsworth in New York
- Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole
- Are You My Mother? (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- Go, Dog. Go! (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- The Best Nest (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, Foundations D Readers, and 13 children's books are all needed to teach Foundations D.
- Just getting started? Order the Foundations B-C-D Complete Classroom Starter Set for 20 students and save 10%!
- Foundations D builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A, B, and C. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, you may also wish to consider Essentials (for guidance, click Help Me Choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
- High-quality paperback
- Full color
- Perforated pages for easy tear-out
- 285 pages
- Weight (20-pack): 37.2 lbs.
- ISBN: 978-1-936706-39-6
- 20-pack SKU: CFDW1P20
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend