Foundations C Teacher's Manual, Edition 1
Closeout! Discounted! While Supplies Last.
All Sales Final.
Logic of English has updated the Foundations C Teacher’s Manual, adding in eight bonus Miles and Jax lessons. These include reading comprehension activities using our new Miles and Jax readers, as well as a spelling game and writing activity. The original Foundations C Teacher’s Manuals are now on clearance while supplies last.
These are first-quality hardcover Teacher’s Manuals. They are compatible with any edition of the Foundations C Student Workbooks.
If you plan to use the Miles and Jax readers with this older edition and would like the new comprehension lessons that go with them, you can purchase them as a PDF! Get the Miles and Jax Lessons for only $3 when ordering with this Teacher's Manual (while supplies last) by adding both to your cart and using coupon code MJwithC. Miles and Jax Lessons for Foundations C
About the Foundations C Teacher’s Manual, 1st Edition
Phonics and Reading Curriculum
This pick-up-and-teach manual provides everything you need to introduce students ages 5-7 to reading and writing!
Foundations C Teacher's Manual
- Creative and varied comprehension activities
- Fluency practice that keeps students motivated
- Assessments to monitor student progress
- Comprehension activities and questions for the Foundations C Readers
- Easy to follow lessons that explain concepts such as broad vowels, open vowels, and six reasons for a silent final E
- 33 phonogram games to promote mastery
- Beginning composition activities with guided support
- Materials lists
- Clearly laid out objectives
- Scripted lessons facilitate teachers learning alongside their students
- Easy to teach! No training required!
More about Foundations C
- For students who have completed Foundations B
- 27 new multi-letter phonograms
- Master all 74 Basic phonograms
- 12 new spelling rules
- Fun activities develop speed and accuracy
- Practice reading multi-syllable words
- Identify six reasons for a silent final E
- Read two-syllable words and practice strategies for reading three-syllable words
- Learn the meaning of common affixes such as UN-, -ED, and -ING
- Develop comprehension strategies for non-fiction texts such as finding the main idea and identifying key words
- Read and follow simple instructions
- Ages 5 to 7 (after completing level B)
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades 1-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
- Early readers age 7 and under
Prerequisites for Level C
- The Foundations C Workbook is printed in only ONE version. Student samples are in bookface.
- Lowercase letters are taught in Foundations A.
- Uppercase letters are taught in Foundations B.
- Students who need additional handwriting support should use the Copywork Supplement for Foundations C.
What else do I need to teach Foundations C?
- Foundations C Student Workbook
- Foundations C Readers
- Basic Phonogram Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Miles and Jax and Miles and Jax: Master Planners - optional additional readers for Foundations C students
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, and Foundations C Readers are all needed to teach Foundations C.
- All instructions for games are included within the manual.
- Foundations C builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A and B. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, we recommend starting with Essentials (for guidance, click Help me choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
- Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
- Full color
- 264 pages
- Weight: 2.4 lb.
- Product SKU: CFCTM1P
- Digital download
- See user license below
- Product SKU: CFCTM1A
This Teacher's Manual is compatible with any Foundations C Student Workbook.
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Teacher License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher. Multiple teachers in the same school or multiple parents in the same co-op must each have their own purchased license.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend