Foundations C Teacher's Manual, 2nd Edition - 2018
LOE Foundations: Complete Phonics and Reading Curriculum for Ages 4-7
This pick-up-and-teach manual provides everything you need to take students ages 5-7 to the next level reading and writing, building on the concepts they have learned in Foundations A and B!
Foundations C Teacher's Manual
2nd Edition - while supplies last
- Foundations lessons 81-120
- Creative and varied comprehension activities
- Fluency practice that keeps students motivated
- Assessments to monitor student progress
- Comprehension activities and questions for the Foundations C Readers
- New in the second edition: eight bonus lessons with comprehension questions and activities for Miles and Jax, plus spelling games and composition activities.
- Easy to follow lessons that explain concepts such as broad vowels, open vowels, and six reasons for a silent final E
- 33 phonogram games to promote mastery
- Beginning composition activities with guided support
- Materials lists
- Clearly laid out objectives
- Scripted lessons facilitate teachers learning alongside their students
- Easy to teach! No training required!
More about Foundations C
- For students who have completed Foundations B
- 28 new multi-letter phonograms
- Master all 75 Basic phonograms (including 47 introduced in Foundations A and B)
- 12 new spelling rules
- Fun activities develop speed and accuracy
- Practice reading multi-syllable words
- Identify six reasons for a silent final E
- Read two-syllable words and practice strategies for reading three-syllable words
- Learn the meaning of common affixes such as UN-, -ED, and -ING
- Develop comprehension strategies for non-fiction texts such as finding the main idea and identifying key words
- Read and follow simple instructions
- Read fiction and nonfiction texts with short paragraphs and multi-syllable words.
- Ages 5 to 7 (after completing level B)
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades 1-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2 (with levels B and D)
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
- Early readers age 7 and under. (Have an early reader? See ideas for adjusting the pace and level of challenge.)
Prerequisites for Level C
- Foundations B (lessons 41-80 of Foundations)
- The Foundations C Workbook is printed in only ONE version. Student samples are in bookface.
- Lowercase letters are taught in Foundations A.
- Uppercase letters are taught in Foundations B.
- Students who need additional handwriting support should use the Copywork Supplement for Foundations C.
What else do I need to teach Foundations C?
New for this level
- Foundations C Student Workbook
- Foundations C Readers
- Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Miles and Jax and Miles and Jax: Master Planners - optional additional readers for Foundations C students
Reusable supplements from Foundations A and B
- Basic Phonogram Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
This Teacher's Manual is compatible with any edition of the Foundations C Student Workbook.
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, and Foundations C Readers are all needed to teach Foundations C.
- All instructions for games are included within the manual.
- Foundations C builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A and B. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, we recommend starting with Essentials (for guidance, click Help me choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
- Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
- Full color
- 284 pages
- Second edition (2018). Now includes the phonogram ES, eight bonus Miles and Jax lessons, and prompts for Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
- Product SKU: CFCTM2P
- Digital download
- See PDF license below
- Product SKU: CFCTM2A
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Teacher License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher. Multiple teachers in the same school or multiple parents in the same co-op must each have their own purchased license.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.