Foundations C Student Workbook - Annual Classroom PDF
Phonics and Reading Curriculum
The Foundations Level C Student Workbook provides a colorful array of games and learning opportunities to engage your student in fun, multi-sensory activities that lay a complete foundation for reading, handwriting, and spelling.
**2nd edition note: The Foundations C Readers are now sold separately as a set of individually bound books! They are no longer included as tear-outs in the workbook.
Foundations C Student Workbook, 2nd Edition
Licensed for use by one teacher with up to 40 students for one year.
- Fluency games that practice two-syllable words
- Comprehension activities that promote problem solving and critical thinking
- New and exciting phonogram games that keep students engaged in practice
- Copywork practice related to the Foundations C Readers
- Three handwriting line sizes to accommodate student ability and preference
- Colorful, engaging illustrations
More about Foundations C
- For students who have completed Foundations B
- 27 new multi-letter phonograms
- Master all 74 Basic Phonograms
- 12 new spelling rules
- Fun activities develop speed and accuracy
- Identify six reasons for a silent final E
- Read two-syllable words and practice strategies for reading three-syllable words
- Learn the meaning of common affixes such as UN-, -ED, and -ING
- Develop comprehension strategies for non-fiction texts such as finding the main idea and identifying key words
- Read and follow simple instructions
Prerequisites for Level C
- Ages 5 to 7 (after completing level B)
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, and grammar curriculum for Grades 1-2
- As a complete language arts curriculum for Grades 1-2
- Young struggling readers
- Early readers age 7 and under
- Students with dyslexia
- Foundations C Workbook is printed in only ONE version. Student samples are in bookface, and students practice the handwriting they have learned.
- Lowercase letters are taught in Foundations A.
- Uppercase letters are taught in Foundations B.
- Students who need additional handwriting support should use the Copywork Supplement for Foundations C.
What else do I need to teach Foundations C?
- Foundations C Teacher's Manual
- Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Foundations C Readers
- The Teacher’s Manual, Student Workbook, and Foundations C Readers are all needed to teach Foundations C.
- There is only one version of the Foundations C Workbook, which may be used with either the cursive or manuscript handwriting style.
- Foundations C Readers are now sold separately. They are not included in the 2nd edition workbook.
- Foundations C builds systematically on material students have learned in levels A and B. It is not a starting point for the Foundations program. For older students beginning Logic of English, you may also wish to consider Essentials (for guidance, click Help me choose or read more on the LOE blog: Do we want Essentials or Foundations?).
- Printed workbooks are also available individually or in discounted sets of 20.
- Full color
- 244 pages
- Downloadable PDFs in a ZIP file
- Second Edition
- Compatible with any Foundations C Teacher's Manual
- Readers now sold separately
- Product SKU: CFCW2C18
- ISBN 978-1-942154-09-9
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher with up to 40 of his/her direct students. Multiple teachers in the same school must each have their own purchased license. This license expires on July 31, 2018.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend