Foundations B-C-D Complete Classroom 20-Student Starter Set
A Complete Reading and Phonics Curriculum
Everything you need to start teaching Foundations for up to 20 students! Save 10% on all teacher and student materials.
SKU: Manuscript PFBCDMSS202, Cursive PFBCDCSS202
- 1st & 2nd Grade classrooms starting Foundations - complete language arts curriculum!
- Early readers who want to learn more about how English words work
- Young struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
- Learn more about where to begin!
Provide your students with a fun, multi-sensory experience learning to read and write that engages their senses, works naturally with their desire to wiggle and play, and lays a strong foundation for reading and writing success!
What is Included?
- 1 - Foundations B Teacher's Manual
- 1 - Foundations C Teacher's Manual
- 1 - Foundations D Teacher's Manual
- 1 - Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- 1 - Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- 1 - Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 - Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- 1 - Grammar Flash Cards
- 1 - Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 - Phonogram & Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- 1 - Spelling Analysis Card
- 1 - Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive OR Manuscript
- 1 - Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive OR Manuscript
Reusable Student Materials - used in all levels of Foundations
- 5 decks - Phonogram Game Cards: Bookface
- 5 decks - Phonogram Game Cards: Cursive OR Manuscript
- 10 sets - Phonogram Game Tiles
- 20 - Student Whiteboards
One set for every two students, plus a teacher copy.
One per student, plus a teacher copy.
- 21 - Foundations B Workbooks (Manuscript or Cursive)
- 21 - Foundations C Workbooks
- 21 - Foundations D Workbooks
- This starter set includes all teacher materials used in Foundations B, C, and D, all reusable Foundations supplements for 20 students, consumable workbooks for each level for 20 students plus teacher copies, all at 10% off! You may order the items in this set individually to select custom quantities for your class.
- Foundations B Readers and Phonogram Game Tiles can be shared with a partner. When possible, we recommend ordering additional copies so that every student can have one.
- Choose either the Manuscript or the Cursive version of the set to match the handwriting style your students are learning.
- Set weight: 152 lb.
- Set SKU: Manuscript PFBCDMSS202, Cursive PFBCDCSS202
Placement and Scheduling
- This set is designed for 1st and 2nd grade students who have already mastered the skills taught in Foundations A. If your students need additional practice in
- writing the lowercase letters
- recognizing all the sounds of A-Z
- sounding out CVC words, or
- segmenting and blending
- Foundations B is a prerequisite for Foundations C.
- In a transition year, 1st and 2nd Grade students studying Foundations for the first time should complete Level B and Level C, and then begin Level D as time permits. In subsequent years, students who began Foundations in a prior grade can review completed levels in the first month of school and then continue with C and D.
- For kindergarten, see the Foundations A-B Complete Classroom Starter Set. For second grade, you may also wish to consider Essentials.
- Learn more about where to start!
- View our Sample Curriculum Breakdown by Grade guide.
What Else Will I Need?
Copies of the 13 children's books used in Foundations D (available from Logic of English or from a library or bookseller of your choice). Depending on your pace through Foundations B and C, you may not need these books until the second year of the program, especially in a first grade class.
- Polar Opposites by Erik Brooks
- Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems
- A Fish Out of Water by Helen Palmer
- Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same! by Grace Lin
- Henry and Mudge: The First Book by Cynthia Rylant
- Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea by Cynthia Rylant
- Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel
- Dodsworth in New York by Tim Egan
- Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole by Wong Herbert Lee
- Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- Go, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
In subsequent years, you will need one new Workbook per student per level taught.
For Additional Students:
For any students beyond 20 in a class, add the following items in the following quantities.
Reusable Supplements (available individually or in a 4-student pack):
- Student Whiteboard (one per student)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (one per student, or to share with a partner)
- Foundations B Readers (one set per student, or to share with a partner)
- Foundations C Readers (one set per student, or to share with a partner)
- Foundations D Readers (one set per student, or to share with a partner)
- Phonogram Game Cards: Bookface (one per group of four students)
- Phonogram Game Cards: Cursive OR Manuscript (one per group of four students)
- About Foundations
- What is taught in Level B?
- What is taught in Level C?
- What is taught in Level D?
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend