Foundations B-C-D Classroom Teacher Set
A Complete Reading and Phonics Curriculum
SKU: Cursive PFBCDCT, Manuscript PFBCDMT
All the teacher materials needed to start teaching Foundations!
Provide your students with a fun, multi-sensory experience learning to read and write that engages their senses, works naturally with their desire to wiggle and play, and lays a strong foundation for reading and writing success.
This set includes one copy of each Teacher's Manual for B, C, & D, teacher copies of the Student Workbooks, and the teacher supplements used throughout Foundations. Add the consumable workbooks and reusable student supplements and you are ready to teach Foundations!
- 1st & 2nd Grade teachers starting Foundations with their students
- Early readers ready to learn more about how English words work
- Struggling readers
- Students with dyslexia
What is included?
Teacher Materials for Foundations B, C, and D
- Teacher's Manuals: Foundations B, Foundations C, Foundations D
- A copy of the Student Workbooks for the teacher: Foundations B (either Cursive or Manuscript), Foundations C, Foundations D
- A copy of the Foundations Readers for the teacher: B Readers, C Readers, D Readers
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram & Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - either Cursive or Manuscript
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - either Cursive or Manuscript
You may also order all the items in this set plus all the supplements and consumables for 20 students in our Foundations B-C-D Complete Classroom Starter Set - save 10%!
- SKU: Cursive Set PFBCDCT, Manuscript Set PFBCDMT
- The Foundations B-C-D set is designed for teaching 1st and 2nd grade students who have already mastered the skills taught in Foundations A. If your students need additional practice in writing the lowercase letters, recognizing all the sounds of A-Z, sounding out CVC words, or segmenting and blending, we recommend adding the Foundations A Teacher's Manual and using it to review these skills before starting Level B.
- Foundations B is a prerequisite for levels C and D.
- In a transition year, 1st and 2nd grade classes studying Foundations for the first time should complete Level B and Level C, and then begin Level D as time permits. In subsequent years, students who began Foundations in a prior grade can review completed levels in the first month of school and then continue with C and D.
- Learn more about where to begin!
- The Foundations B Teacher's Manual includes instructions for teaching BOTH manuscript and cursive. Foundations B workbooks and several of the supplements are sold in TWO versions: manuscript or cursive. Choose the version of this set that matches the handwriting style you are teaching. Learn why we recommend cursive!
- This package is designed for classroom teachers. We also sell Foundations Complete Sets designed for one-on-one and homeschool settings.
- Weight: 18.5 lb.
What else will I need?
Reusable student supplements:
- Student Whiteboard (one per student)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (one per student, or to share with a partner)
- Foundations B Readers (one set per student, or to share with a partner)
- Foundations C Readers (one set per student, or to share with a partner)
- Foundations D Readers (one set per student, or to share with a partner)
- Phonogram Game Cards: Bookface (one per group of four students)
- Phonogram Game Cards: Cursive OR Manuscript (one per group of four students)
- Foundations B Student Workbook (may not be needed in subsequent years)
- Foundations C Student Workbook
- Foundations D Student Workbook (may not be needed in initial year)
Copies of the 13 children's books used in Foundations D (from a library or bookseller of your choice). Depending on your pace through Foundations B and C, you may not need these books until the second year of the program, especially in a first grade class.
- Polar Opposites by Erik Brooks
- Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems
- A Fish Out of Water by Helen Palmer
- Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same! by Grace Lin
- Henry and Mudge: The First Book by Cynthia Rylant
- Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea by Cynthia Rylant
- Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel
- Dodsworth in New York by Tim Egan
- Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole by Wong Herbert Lee
- Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- Go, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman (available in The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books)
- About Foundations
- What is taught in Level B?
- What is taught in Level C?
- What is taught in Level D?
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend