Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
Closeout! Regular price$90.
All Sales Final.
Essentials 1st Edition Student Workbook - Classroom PDF
Licensed for use by one teacher with up to 40 students.
This license does not expire.
Compatible with Essentials 1st Edition Teacher's Manual (2012).
Not compatible with Essentials 2nd Edition Teacher's Guide, Vol. 1.
Not compatible with Essentials Lessons 1-7, 8-15, 16-22, or 23-30 Teacher's Guides.
TheEssentialsstudent workbook provides the student pages for discovery-based learning activities, phonogram games, editing practice, fluency activities, spelling games, words sums and other activitiestaught in the Essentials 1st edition Teacher's Manual!
Each lesson presents concepts in new ways to engage students and prevent boredom. Clean and simple page layout minimizes visual distraction.
Logic of EnglishEssentialsis a unique program that provides students ages 8 to adult with a direct path to learning the 104 tools that unlock English words.
- 40 Lessons
- Reliable rules thatactually work
- Learn how English works while you teach!
- 74 Phonograms
- 30 Spelling Rules
- Grammar lessons
- Vocabulary including prefixes, suffixes, and an introduction to Latin and Greek roots
- Assessment every fifth lesson
- Scripted lessons in the Teacher's Manual
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary and grammar curriculum for Grades 3-5
- Struggling readers
- Struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
- On our YouTube™ channel:Teaching Struggling Readers and Spellers
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
- Essentials Teacher's Manual, 1st Edition- PDF download
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Game Book
- Phonogram Game Cards- 1 set of Bookface cards
- Phonogram Game Cards- 1 set of either cursive or manuscriptcards
- Spelling Journal
- Spelling Analysis Card
- FreeAdvanced Essentials Spelling Listsfor adapting the lessons for older students or reviewing the curriculum a second time (optional)
- The Essentials Reader(optional; strongly recommended as a reading comprehension supplement for older struggling readers)
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Game Book Expansion Pack
- You will needboththeTeacher's Manualand theStudent Workbookto teachEssentials.Firstedition workbooks areonly compatible with the 1st edition Teacher's Manual.
- We have sold out of printed workbooks for Essentials 1st edition. PDF versions of the Manuscript and CursiveEssentials Workbookcontinue to be available for sale on our webstore for returning customers.
- Includes sample words in cursive or manuscript. Choose the style your students areusing in the drop-down menu above.
- Essentials does not teach handwriting; if handwriting instruction is required, please see The Rhythm of Handwriting.
- 484 pages
- Downloadable PDF
- ISBN 978-1-936706-51-8
- Product SKU: WLECDG19
- ISBN 978-1-936706-52-5
- Product SKU: WLEMDG19
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Limited Reproduction Classroom License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher with up to 40 of his/her direct students. Multiple teachers in the same school must each have their own purchased license. This license does not expire.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.