Essentials 1-7 Student Workbook - Annual Classroom PDF 2018-2019
Licensed for use by one teacher with up to 40 students for one school year.
About Essentials, Lessons 1-7
In the first seven lessons of Essentials, students lay the foundation for a strong understanding of English words and how to read and spell them successfully, learning seventeen of the most commonly used multi-letter phonograms and twelve spelling rules while strengthening their understanding of English sounds. As they dig into how these tools work, they apply the skills they are learning to analyze the spelling of new words, learn key grammar concepts like nouns, adjectives, articles, and conjunctions, and explore roots, prefixes, and suffixes in the words they have learned.
Three levels of application allow you to customize the level of difficulty as you continue through Essentials. Level C includes six advanced phonograms and dozens of new Greek and Latin roots and affixes. Learn more about Essentials.
About the Essentials 1-7 Student Workbook
The Essentials Student Workbooks provide the student pages for hundreds of games and critical thinking activities from the Essentials Teacher's Guide, Lessons 1-7. Engage your students in learning how English really works!
- Not your typical workbook!
- Discovery-based learning activities
- Phonogram games
- Spelling analysis
- Editing practice
- Grammar activities
- Vocabulary development
- Three levels of difficulty allow you to differentiate instruction for multiple levels of students simultaneously
- Clean and simple page layout minimizes visual distraction
More About Essentials
- Discovery-based instruction
- Meaningful practice
- Engaging activities
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Accurate and complete phonics instruction
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary development by learning morphemes
- Differentiated instruction with three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Older struggling readers
- Older struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
Both the Teacher’s Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
You will also need all of the instructional supplements included in the Essentials Vol. 1 Complete Set. These materials are significant components of the program; most are used multiple times in every Essentials lesson. They include:
- Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
Once you finish lessons 1-7 Essentials, continue with the Teacher's Guide, Workbooks, and Morpheme Cards for Lessons 8-15, followed by those for Lessons 16-22 and Lessons 23-30. (Learn more about the second half of Essentials).
Teaching multiple students?
Each additional student will also need:
- A copy of this workbook
- Spelling Journal (Annual Classroom PDF available)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (Annual Classroom PDF available)
- Two decks of Phonogram Game Cards per group of four students are needed for most games. (Annual Classroom PDF available)
- 113 pages
- Black and white
- Downloadable PDF
- Product SKU: CE2WB1C19
- ISBN: 978-1-942154-39-6
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher with up to 40 of his/her direct students. Multiple teachers in the same school must each have their own purchased license. This license expires on July 31, 2019.
Printed workbooks are also available.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend