Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd Edition, Vol. 1
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
2nd Edition (2015)
Closeout! Discounted! All Sales Final.
In 2018, Logic of English divided the fifteen lessons in Essentials Volume 1, the first half of Essentials, into two smaller sets of lessons: Lessons 1-7 and Lessons 8-15. To teach the first half of Essentials, you will now need either the following two workbooks,
or the older 2nd Ed. Volume 1 Student Workbook (now available only in PDF).
The printed copies of the 2015 Essentials Volume 1 Workbooks are now sold out and have been replaced by the new format.
About the Essentials Student Workbook, Second Edition, Vol. 1 (published in 2015)
Lessons 1-15 — the first half of Essentials
- Not your typical workbook!
- Discovery-based learning activities
- Phonogram games
- Spelling analysis
- Editing practice
- Grammar activities
- Vocabulary development
- Three levels of difficulty allow you to differentiate instruction for multiple levels of students simultaneously
- Clean and simple page layout minimizes visual distraction
More About Essentials
- Discovery-based instruction
- Meaningful practice
- Engaging activities
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Accurate and complete phonics instruction
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary development by learning morphemes
- Differentiated instruction with three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Older struggling readers
- Older struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
Both the Teacher’s Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
You will also want all of the instructional supplements used with Essentials. These materials are significant components of the program; most are used multiple times in every Essentials lesson. They include:
- Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
Teaching multiple students?
Each additional student will need:
- Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd ed., Volume 1, or Essentials 1-7 and 8-15 Student Workbooks (one per student)
- Spelling Journal (one per student)
- Phonogram Game Cards (two contrasting decks for every four students)
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Both the Teacher's Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
- Available in PDF or Print (sold out). Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
Product DetailsPrinted Book (SOLD OUT. These lessons are now now printed in the new Essentials 1-7 and 8-15 Workbooks)
- 320 pages
- Weight: 2 lb.
- Product SKU: CEAWB2P
- Downloadable digital format
- See license information below
- Product SKU: CEAWB2A
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Student/Family License: This digital license is for use by ONE student or the members of ONE immediate family, including parents, children, and grandparents. If you are teaching additional students, you must purchase an additional Single Student/Family License, or purchase the Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend