Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd Edition, Vol. 1 - Annual Classroom PDF
Everything you need to teach
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
The Essentials Student Workbooks provide the student pages for hundreds of games and critical thinking activities from the Essentials Teacher's Guide. Engage your students in learning how English really works!
Essentials Student Workbook, Second Edition, Vol. 1
Licensed for use by one teacher with up to 40 students for one year.
- Not your typical workbook!
- Discovery-based learning activities
- Phonogram games
- Spelling analysis
- Editing practice
- Grammar activities
- Vocabulary development
- Three levels of difficulty allow you to differentiate instruction for multiple levels of students simultaneously
- Clean and simple page layout minimizes visual distraction
About Volume 2
The second half of Essentials 2nd Edition, Volume 2, is currently in development and scheduled for release later in 2017. Learn more about Volume 2.
More About Essentials
- Discovery-based instruction
- Meaningful practice
- Engaging activities
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Accurate and complete phonics instruction
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary development by learning morphemes
- Differentiated instruction with three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Older struggling readers
- Older struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
Both the Teacher’s Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
You will also want all of the instructional supplements included in the Essentials Vol. 1 Complete Set. These materials are significant components of the program; most are used multiple times in every Essentials lesson. They include:
- Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
Teaching multiple students?
Each additional student will also need:
- Spelling Journal (Annual Classroom PDF available)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (Annual Classroom PDF available)
- Two decks of Phonogram Game Cards per group of four students are needed for most games. (Annual Classroom PDF available)
- 320 pages
- Black and white
- Downloadable PDF
- Product SKU: CEAWB2C18
- ISBN: 978-1-936706-91-4
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher with up to 40 of his/her direct students. Multiple teachers in the same school must each have their own purchased license. This license expires on July 31, 2018.
Printed workbooks are also available.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend