Essentials Student Reusables, 4-Student Pack
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
The reusable student supplements used in Essentials phonogram practice and spelling games!
Order one set for every four students in your class.
Essentials is recommended for:
- Second through Fifth Grade classes beginning Logic of English Essentials as their main ELA curriculum for Spelling, Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading
- Middle School classes beginning Essentials as a course in the structure of written English or to strengthen reading and spelling skills
- Remedial Reading or Spelling classes for ages 8 to adult
- ELL classes using Essentials for the reading, spelling, and grammar portion of English language instruction
- Learn more about using Essentials in your setting
SKU: PE1CSP - Essentials Student Reusables, 4-Student Pack with Cursive game cards
SKU: PE1MSP - Essentials Student Reusables, 4-Student Pack with Manuscript game cards
This set includes a set of the reusable student supplements used in Essentials lessons.
- Phonogram Game Cards - two contrasting decks
Essentials card games are designed for groups of up to four students and usually require two contrasting decks.
- Phonogram Game Tiles - two sets
Phonogram Game Tiles can be used in spelling practice and games. They can be shared with a partner. When possible, we recommend ordering additional sets so that each student can have one.
What else will I need?
Add the teacher materials and copies of the consumable workbooks for each student and you are ready to go!
- 1 - Essentials Teacher's Guide, Volume 1 and Volume 2 (coming 2017)
- 1 - Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 - Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- 1 - Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 - Grammar Flash Cards
- 1 - Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1 and Set 2 (coming 2017)
- 1 - Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- 1 - Spelling Analysis Card
Student Consumables - one copy per student
You can also order these material together with teacher materials and workbooks for 20 students in the Essentials Volume 1 Complete Classroom Starter Set. Save 10% when you buy the Complete Set!
- Differentiated instruction
- Three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Discovery-based instruction
- Engaging activities
- Meaningful practice
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary instruction with prefixes, suffixes, and Greek and Latin roots
- Students may complete Essentials 2nd edition lessons with either cursive or manuscript handwriting; the sample text is in a standard bookface font to allow greater flexibility.
- Choose your second deck of Phonogram Game Cards, using the drop down menu above, according to which handwriting style the students are using.
Volume 2 of Essentials is currently in development and scheduled for release in 2017. Learn more.
- 74 phonogram cards in each deck
- 14 action cards in each deck
- Three fonts available: bookface (blue), cursive (green), and manuscript (red)
- Two contrasting decks needed for most Logic of English phonogram games
- For groups of 2-4 players
- 74 basic phonograms
- Consonants are blue
- Single- and multi-letter vowels are red
- R-controlled vowels are violet
- Silent Final Es are green
- 130 tiles
- Printed on heavy, coated 32-point stock
Weight (one set): 1.1 lb.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend