Essentials 2nd Edition Upgrade Set - Volume 1
Upgrade to Essentials 2nd Edition!
Multi-Level Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
A discounted add-on package for returning customers who already have Logic of English supplements from the 1st edition of Essentials and only need to add the new materials to begin teaching Essentials 2nd edition. Great for continuing from Foundations, too!
- Full-color Teacher's Guide
- Updated and expanded, with differentiated instruction
- Three levels of spelling, vocabulary instruction, and grammar practice
- Discovery-based instruction
- Engaging activities
- Meaningful practice
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary instruction with prefixes, suffixes, and Greek and Latin roots
What is included?
- Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1
- Updated, two-sided Spelling Analysis Card
- Spelling Rule Cards 31.1, 31.2, 31.3. Add these new cards to your existing deck of Logic of English Spelling Rule Flash Cards to support your students as they learn all about schwa in the new Essentials lessons!
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 3-6
- Older struggling readers
- Older struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
- ELL reading and spelling instruction
- Students who have completed Essentials 1st edition - if wanting to review the material a second time with more advanced spelling words and vocabulary
- Students continuing from Foundations
Other Materials Needed
The Upgrade Set is designed for those who already have the following Logic of English supplements. (If you don't have them already, we recommend you purchase the Essentials Vol. 1 Complete Set instead; it includes the items in this Upgrade Set set as well as all the supplements listed below.)
- Spelling Journal (one per student)
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- 1 set of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 set of either Manuscript or Cursive Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
Continuing from Foundations?
Teaching multiple students?
Each additional student will need:
- Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd ed., Volume 1 (one per student)
- Spelling Journal (one per student)
- Phonogram Game Cards (set of two decks per group of four students needed for most games)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (one set per student)
If you are teaching a struggling reader age 8 or above, you may also wish to add:
- The Essentials Reader
- The Essentials Reader Student Activity Book
- The Essentials Reader Teacher's Guide
- Students may complete Essentials 2nd edition lessons with either cursive or manuscript handwriting; the sample text is in a standard bookface font to allow greater flexibility.
Students who Struggle with Handwriting
- If the student struggles with handwriting, introduce either cursive or manuscript using the optional Essentials Pre-Lessons and The Rhythm of Handwriting.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
Volume 2, the second half of Essentials 2nd edition, is currently in development and scheduled for release later in 2017. Learn more about Volume 2.
Product SKU: PE2USP - Essentials 2nd Edition Volume 1 Upgrade Set
Weight: 8.5 lb.
- Casebound textbook
- 111 cards
- Heavy coated stock
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend