Essentials Complete Classroom 20-Student Starter Set, Volume 1
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
Everything you need to teach Essentials with up to 20 students! Save 10% on all teacher and student materials.
SKU: PE1CSS20 - Essentials Complete Classroom Starter Set, Volume 1 - Cursive
SKU: PE1MSS20 - Essentials Complete Classroom Starter Set, Volume 1 - Manuscript
The Essentials Complete Classroom Starter Set is recommended for:
- Second through Fifth Grade classes beginning Logic of English Essentials as their main ELA curriculum for Spelling, Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading
- Middle School classes beginning Essentials as a course in the structure of written English or to strengthen reading and spelling skills
- Remedial Reading or Spelling classes for ages 8 to adult
- ELL classes using Essentials for the reading, spelling, and grammar portion of English language instruction
- Learn more about using Essentials in your setting
This set includes everything you need to teach the first semester of Essentials to 20 students - at 10% off!
- 1 - Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd Edition, Volume 1
- 1 - Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 - Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- 1 - Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- 1 - Grammar Flash Cards
- 1 - Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1
- 1 - Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- 1 - Spelling Analysis Card
Student Supplements - Reusable
- 5 decks - Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 5 decks - Handwriting Phonogram Game Cards (choose Cursive or Manuscript in the dropdown menu above)
- 10 sets - Phonogram Game Tiles
Student Consumables - student copies plus one teacher copy
When you are ready to teach the second semester, you will only need to add the Volume 2 Teacher's Guide, Workbooks, and Morpheme Cards (coming in 2017).
Teaching More than 20 Students?
For additional students, add:
- Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd Ed., Volume 1 (consumable - one per student)
- Spelling Journal (consumable - one per student)
- Phonogram Game Cards (reusable - a set of two decks per group of four students - choose manuscript or cursive for the second deck)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (reusable - one set for every student or pair)
Optional Add-On Programs
A reading comprehension supplement for struggling readers age 8 or above.
- The Essentials Reader
- The Essentials Reader Student Activity Book
- The Essentials Reader Teacher's Guide
Cursive or manuscript handwriting instruction
- Can be integrated using the 10 optional Essentials pre-lessons.
- Learn why we recommend beginning with cursive.
- Differentiated instruction
- Three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Discovery-based instruction
- Engaging activities
- Meaningful practice
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary instruction with prefixes, suffixes, and Greek and Latin roots
- Students may complete Essentials 2nd edition lessons with either cursive or manuscript handwriting; the sample text is in a standard bookface font to allow greater flexibility.
- Choose your second deck of Phonogram Game Cards, using the drop down menu above, according to which handwriting style the students are using.
Volume 2 of Essentials is currently in development and tentatively scheduled for release in 2017. Learn more.
- 632 pages
- Full color
- Casebound textbook
- Second edition
- 320 pages
- Black & white
- Perforated pages
- Second edition
Complete Set weight: 66 lb.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend