Master Teacher Training Course - April 8-11, 2019
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL.
Combining the science of reading with the joy of learning!
Tools for Teaching Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Vocabulary, Fluency, & Comprehension
April 8-11, 2019
2900 19th St. NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Registration Deadline: April 5, 2019
Scholarships are available. Please click here to apply.
Note: This training session will be recorded. All participants will be asked to sign a media release form before attending the event.
Logic of English Master Teacher Training Course
This in-depth, hands-on Logic of English training for teachers, tutors, curriculum officers, reading specialists, and administrators will equip you to teach the Logic of English curriculum proficiently and to train others in your community or school.
In this four-day course, Logic of English® president and curriculum author Denise Eide and LOE curriculum specialist Dr. Christy Jones will take you in-depth with the Logic of English, equipping you with a deep knowledge of the material and common-sense approach to reading, spelling, and literacy. You will leave this training course with a wealth of new skills and tools that you can take directly back to the classroom, plus training materials for facilitating a Logic of English training for your colleagues.
Each participant will need the materials from one of the following complete curriculum sets to use in the training:
- ESSENTIALS: all materials for the Essentials 1-7, 8-15, 16-22, and 23-30 Complete Sets, plus the Essentials Reader and materials for The Rhythm of Handwriting (A Rhythm of Handwriting Complete Set or a Whiteboard and Handwriting Quick Reference). Recommended for those teaching 2nd or 3rd grade and up.
- FOUNDATIONS: all materials for Foundations A-D Complete Sets. Recommended for those teaching K-2.
You may bring materials you already have or order a new set for the training. If you cannot provide these materials, please contact us at least a week before the training.
You will also need a laptop, tablet with note-taking capability, or notebook.
- LOE Master Teacher Training Manual
- Access to resources for facilitating a Logic of English training at your school.
- Maximum enrollment: 22.
- SKU: APR82019
- School POs accepted - please include name and an email address for each attendee with your PO.
- If registering online for more than one person, or if the name on the order is not that of the attendee, please contact us after registering to provide the name and contact information of each participant, or include this information in the Notes field before submitting your order.
- Partial and full scholarships may be available. Apply.
- If you are unable to attend, you may cancel your registration until March 8th for a full refund, or from March 9th - April 1st for a 50% refund. No refunds are available after April 1, 2019.
- “Professional development that you will earn, enjoy, interact...[it] will change the way you view reading.” - Teacher
- “I am pleased to find a program with systematic phonics that incorporates writing and spelling.” – Diana Dereck, Reading Teacher
- “The LOE training taught me all of the things I wish I learned about reading instruction in college!” – Samantha, Teacher
- “The Logic of English training opened my eyes to the intricate information of words and [how] they follow rules” – Teacher, Arma Dei Academy
Daily Schedule: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Note that participants must attend the teaching practicum and course conclusion on Thursday to receive a certificate of completion.
We have secured a block of rooms at the Staybridge Suites which is near the training site. It is about a 20 minute walk or less than five minute drive away. You can get the group rate through March 12th! Call the hotel and ask for a room in the Logic of English Teacher Training block, or use this LINK to book your room online. For more information about the hotel check out their website. There are plenty of hotels in Rochester, so feel free to look around for the one that will fit you the best!
The Cascade Meadow, where we will host our training, is a beautiful LEED-certified space in northwest Rochester. It is located three miles from downtown and only minutes from restaurants and hotels. Enjoy their walking trails at the end of the day or as a way to stretch your legs over lunch!
At lunch you will have time to eat at one of the many area restaurants. There are also several grocery stores nearby for those who would prefer to pack a lunch.
Area and Travel Information:
Rochester is a pleasant, small city, with a compact, walkable downtown area located only three mails from Cascade Meadow. Parks, coffee shops, restaurants, shops, and a variety of hotels are all close at hand.
Rochester International Airport is the nearest airport. For those flying into Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (75 minutes away), Rochester Shuttle Service and Groome Transportation provide shuttle service to many Rochester hotels.
We Also Recommend