Phonogram & Spelling Game Book
Phonogram and Spelling Game Book, 1st Edition
PDF digital download
Active and fun ways to drill phonograms and practice spelling
Too often teachers do not provide students with adequate practice to achieve mastery because we assume that drill is boring. The activities in this book are meant to break that myth and demonstrate that it is possible to drill while respecting students’ need for variety and fun.
- 39 Phonogram Games
- 9 Phonogram Card Games
- 37 spelling games and activities
- Ideas for all ages!
- Templates included
- Many active games that get kids up and moving
Teachers may copy the masters included in the Appendix for use by their direct students.
Suggested Additional Materials
- Basic Phonogram Cards
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards per group of four students
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards per group of four students
Most phonogram card games are designed for groups of two to four players and require two contrasting decks of game cards.
- Essentials, 1st Edition (2012) - the original edition of Essentials did not include games in the Teacher's Manual and instead suggested use of this Game Book as a source for games.
- Any systematic phonics program or other reading and spelling curriculum! The Game Book is a great way to provide fun and engaging practice with phonograms, reading, spelling words, and handwriting.
- Foundations and Essentials - the Game Book is not required with our current curriculum, since each teacher's manual contains dozens of games. However, it can be useful as a source of additional practice ideas.
- Digital download 2MB
- Product SKU: SPSGBA
- 96 pages
- Publication date: 2011
- We have sold out of printed copies of our 2011 Phonogram & Spelling Game Book (ISBN 978-1-936706-11-2).
- We plan to develop an updated and expanded LOE Game Book in the future. In the meantime, the current Phonogram & Spelling Game Book will continue to be available as a PDF.
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Teacher License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher. Multiple teachers in the same school or multiple parents in the same co-op must each have their own purchased license.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend