Essentials Teacher's Manual, 1st Edition
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
Closeout! PDF only. Regular price $60.
All Sales Final.
About the Essentials 1st Edition Teacher's Manual
Logic of English Essentials is a unique program that provides students ages 8 to adult with a direct path to learning the 104 tools that unlock English words. This Teacher's Manual, for the first edition of Essentials (2012), includes:
- 40 Lessons in one book
- Reliable rules that actually work
- Learn how English works while you teach!
- 74 Phonograms
- 30 Spelling Rules
- Grammar lessons
- Vocabulary including prefixes, suffixes, and an introduction to Latin and Greek roots
- Assessment every fifth lesson
- Scripted lessons
- About Essentials
- On the blog: posts about helping struggling readers
- On the blog: Does LOE Help Strong Readers and Spellers?
- On our YouTube™ channel: Teaching Struggling Readers and Spellers
- This is the Teacher's Manual for the older edition of Essentials. Learn about what's new in the expanded and updated Second Edition.
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary and grammar curriculum for 2nd through 5th Grade
- Struggling readers age 8 to adult
- Struggling spellers age 8 to adult
- Students with dyslexia
- ELL students
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
- Essentials Student Workbook, 1st Edition - PDF download
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Phonogram and Spelling Game Book
- Phonogram Game Cards - 1 set of Bookface cards
- Phonogram Game Cards - 1 set of either cursive or manuscript cards
- Spelling Journal
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Free Advanced Essentials Spelling Lists for adapting the lessons for older students or reviewing the curriculum a second time (optional)
- The Essentials Reader (optional; strongly recommended as a reading comprehension supplement for older struggling readers)
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Essentials Answer Key (optional)
- You will need both the 1st Edition Teacher's Manual and the 1st Edition Student Workbook to teach the older edition of Essentials. These materials are not compatible with 2nd edition books.
- Available in PDF. Hard copies are now sold out out. (Learn about downloads.)
- Essentials 1st edition workbooks are out of print. The PDF versions of the Manuscript and Cursive Essentials Workbook, 1st edition are still available for sale on our webstore for returning customers who would like to continue to use the 1st edition.
- Downloadable PDF format in a ZIP file. Includes two versions:
- Two-page spreads: for use on a tablet or digital device
- Single pages: for printing
- 612 pages
- Compatible with the Essentials Student Workbooks, 1st edition
- See PDF license information below
- Product SKU: CLED1F
- Out of stock (no longer available)
- ISBN 978-1-936706-09-9
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Teacher License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher. Multiple teachers in the same school or multiple parents in the same co-op must each have their own purchased license.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend