Essentials Workbook, 1st Edition - PDF
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
Discounted! Special 1st edition price. All sales final.
Essentials 1st Edition Student Workbook
Available only as a downloadable PDF.
(Printed 1st Edition Essentials Student Workbooks are now sold out.)
The Essentials student workbook provides discovery-based learning activities, phonogram games, editing practice, fluency activities, spelling games, words sums and more! Each lesson presents concepts in new ways to engage students and prevent boredom. Clean and simple page layout minimizes visual distraction.
Logic of English Essentials is a unique program that provides students ages 8 to adult with a direct path to learning the 104 tools that unlock English words.
- 40 Lessons
- Reliable rules that actually work
- Learn how English works while you teach!
- 74 Phonograms
- 30 Spelling Rules
- Grammar lessons
- Vocabulary including prefixes, suffixes, and an introduction to Latin and Greek roots
- Assessment every fifth lesson
- Scripted lessons in the Teacher's Manual
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary and grammar curriculum for Grades 3-5
- Struggling readers
- Struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
- On our YouTube™ channel: Teaching Struggling Readers and Spellers
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
- Essentials Teacher's Manual, 1st Edition - PDF download
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Game Book
- Phonogram Game Cards - 1 set of Bookface cards
- Phonogram Game Cards - 1 set of either cursive or manuscript cards
- Spelling Journal
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Free Advanced Essentials Spelling Lists for adapting the lessons for older students or reviewing the curriculum a second time (optional)
- The Essentials Reader (optional; strongly recommended as a reading comprehension supplement for older struggling readers)
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Game Book Expansion Pack
- Essentials Answer Key (optional)
- Includes sample words in cursive or manuscript. Choose the style you would like from the drop-down menu above.
- Essentials does not teach handwriting; if handwriting instruction is required, please see The Rhythm of Handwriting.
- You will need both the Teacher's Manual and the Student Workbook to teach Essentials.
- These 1st edition Essentials workbooks are only compatible with the 1st edition Teacher's Manual, not with the updated 2nd edition.
- Essentials Manuscript Workbook and Essentials Cursive Workbook print versions are permanently out of stock.
- The PDF versions of the Manuscript and Cursive Essentials Workbook will continue to be available for sale on our webstore for returning customers who wish to keep teaching the 1st edition of Essentials.
- 484 pages
- Downloadable PDF
- ISBN: 978-1-936706-52-5
- Product SKU: WLEMDF
- ISBN 978-1-936706-51-8
- Product SKU: WLECDF
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Student/Family License: This digital license is for use by ONE student or the members of ONE immediate family, including parents, children, and grandparents. If you are teaching additional students, you must purchase an additional Single Student/Family License, or purchase the Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License.
A classroom license is also available.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend