Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd Edition, Vol. 1
The first half of Essentials - Lessons 1-15
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
Learn alongside your students!
Fully scripted lessons and a wealth of teacher resources guide you through every step of teaching the first semester of Essentials! Equip your students for success in reading and spelling as you discover the Logic of English together.
Essentials Teacher’s Guide, Second Edition, Vol. 1
The Essentials Teacher’s Guide, the heart of the Essentials curriculum, contains a wealth of tips and resources to equip both veteran and novice teachers to teach Essentials effectively. The Volume 1 Teacher's Guide includes lesson 1-15, the first half of Essentials; lessons 16-30 are in development (learn more).
- 15 weekly lessons divided into 5 days of instruction
- Three levels of instruction make it easy to differentiate and teach students at multiple levels simultaneously
- Clear, scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Full color layout
- Comprehensive index
- Phonemic awareness
- Spelling analysis - detailed charts!
- Grammar instruction
- Phonogram and spelling games, instructions included
- Vocabulary instruction with Latin and Greek roots
- Hundreds of engaging activities, extensive reviews, challenge ideas
- Weekly assessments
- Placement test
- Ten optional pre-lessons that introduce handwriting, phonemic awareness, and the A-Z phonograms
More About Essentials
- Discovery-based instruction
- Meaningful practice
- Engaging activities
- Accurate and complete phonics instruction
- 74 Phonograms
- 31 Spelling Rules
- Advanced Phonograms
- Spelling Analysis helps students develop fluency and mastery
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary development by learning morphemes
- Differentiated instruction with three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Struggling readers age 8 to adult
- Struggling spellers age 8 to adult
- Students with dyslexia
- ELL reading and spelling instruction
- Students who have completed Essentials 1st edition and want to review the material a second time with more advanced spelling words and vocabulary
The second half of Essentials is currently in development and is scheduled for release in late 2017. To continue to these lessons you will need the supplements from Lessons 1-15, plus the Teacher's Guide, Student Workbook, and Morpheme Cards for the new lessons. Learn more about Volume 2.
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
Both the Teacher’s Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
You will also want all of the instructional supplements included in the Essentials Vol. 1 Complete Set. These materials are significant components of the program; most are used multiple times in every Essentials lesson. They include:
- Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd ed., Volume 1
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Set 1
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards (choose Cursive or Manuscript in the dropdown menu above)
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Order the Complete Set and save 10%!
- Both the Teacher's Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
- This Teacher's Guide is only compatible with the Essentials 2nd edition Student Workbook.
- Available in PDF or Print. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
- Casebound, durable hardcover
- 632 full-color pages
- Weight: 5 lb.
- Product SKU: CEATM2P
- Downloadable PDFs in a ZIP file
- See license information below
- Product SKU: CEATM2A
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Teacher License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher. Multiple teachers in the same school or multiple parents in the same co-op must each have their own purchased license.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
Logic of English Cursive & Manuscript School Fonts © David Occhino Design.
We Also Recommend