Essentials 8-15 Student Workbook
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
This Essentials Student Workbook provides the student pages for hundreds of games and critical thinking activities from the Essentials Teacher's Guide, Lessons 8-15. Engage your students in learning how English really works!
Essentials Student Workbook, Lessons 8-15
- Not your typical workbook!
- Discovery-based learning activities
- Phonogram games
- Spelling analysis
- Editing practice
- Grammar activities
- Vocabulary development
- Three levels of difficulty allow you to differentiate instruction for multiple levels of students simultaneously
- Clean and simple page layout minimizes visual distraction
More About Essentials
- Discovery-based instruction
- Meaningful practice
- Engaging activities
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Accurate and complete phonics instruction
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary development by learning morphemes
- Differentiated instruction with three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Older struggling readers
- Older struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
After these lessons
This workbook is compatible with lessons 8-15 in both the Essentials Teacher's Guide, Vol. 1 (2015) and the Essentials Teacher's Guide, Lessons 8-15 (2018).
Page numbering note: Essentials Lessons 1-15 were previously combined in one workbook. The page numbers from the previous Volume 1 Workbook are printed in parentheses at the bottom of each page in this book for those who are using the 2015 Essentials Teacher's Guide Volume 1 for Lessons 1-15.
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
Both the Teacher’s Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials. You will also need the Morpheme Flash Cards for Lessons 8-15.
You will also want all of the instructional supplements included in the Essentials 1-7 Complete Set. These materials are significant components of the program; most are used multiple times in every Essentials lesson. They include:
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Lessons 1-7
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
Teaching multiple students?
Each additional student will need:
- Essentials Student Workbook, Lessons 8-15 (one per student)
- Spelling Journal (one per student)
- Phonogram Game Cards (two contrasting decks for every four students)
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Order the Complete Set and save 14%!
- Both the Teacher's Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
- 205 pages
- Weight: 1.25 lb.
- Product SKU: CE2WB2P
- 20-Pack SKU: CE2WB2P20
- This product is no longer available as a Single Student/Family License PDF. Learn more.
We Also Recommend