Essentials 8-15 Student Workbook
Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
This Essentials Student Workbook provides the student pages for hundreds of games and critical thinking activities from the Essentials Teacher's Guide, Lessons 8-15. Engage your students in learning how English really works!
Essentials Student Workbook, Lessons 8-15
- Not your typical workbook!
- Discovery-based learning activities
- Phonogram games
- Spelling analysis
- Editing practice
- Grammar activities
- Vocabulary development
- Three levels of difficulty allow you to differentiate instruction for multiple levels of students simultaneously
- Clean and simple page layout minimizes visual distraction
More About Essentials
- Discovery-based instruction
- Meaningful practice
- Engaging activities
- Scripted lessons
- Extensive helps and teacher tips
- Accurate and complete phonics instruction
- Spelling Rules
- Parts of speech, punctuation rules, capitalization rules
- Efficient vocabulary development by learning morphemes
- Differentiated instruction with three levels of spelling and vocabulary
- Ages 8 to adult
- Anyone who wants to learn why English words are spelled the way they are
- As a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary program for Grades 2-6
- Older struggling readers
- Older struggling spellers
- Students with dyslexia
After these lessons
This workbook is compatible with lessons 8-15 in both the Essentials Teacher's Guide, Vol. 1 (2015) and the Essentials Teacher's Guide, Lessons 8-15 (2018).
Page numbering note: Essentials Lessons 1-15 were previously combined in one workbook. The page numbers from the previous Volume 1 Workbook are printed in parentheses at the bottom of each page in this book for those who are using the 2015 Essentials Teacher's Guide Volume 1 for Lessons 1-15.
What else do I need to teach Essentials?
Both the Teacher’s Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials. You will also need the Morpheme Flash Cards for Lessons 8-15.
You will also want all of the instructional supplements included in the Essentials 1-7 Complete Set. These materials are significant components of the program; most are used multiple times in every Essentials lesson. They include:
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards, Lessons 1-7
- 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
Teaching multiple students?
Each additional student will need:
- Essentials Student Workbook, Lessons 8-15 (one per student)
- Spelling Journal (one per student)
- Phonogram Game Cards (two contrasting decks for every four students)
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
- Order the Complete Set and save 10%!
- Both the Teacher's Guide and the Student Workbook are needed to teach Essentials.
- Available in PDF or Print. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)
Product DetailsPrinted Book
- 205 pages
- Weight: 1.25 lb.
- Product SKU: CE2WB2P
- Downloadable PDF 9.5 MB
- See license information below
- Product SKU: CE2WB2A
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Student/Family License: This digital license is for use by ONE student or the members of ONE immediate family, including parents, children, and grandparents. If you are teaching additional students, you must purchase an additional Single Student/Family License, or purchase the Limited Reproduction Annual Classroom License.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend