Essentials Reader Teacher's Guide
Hundreds of Reading Comprehension and Composition Ideas
Teacher's Guide: Companion to the Essentials Reader
Now available in print!
Your guide to helping your student get the most of the Essentials Reader texts! For each lesson in the Reader, this Teacher's Guide includes four sections of suggested activities:
- Pre-reading: decoding activities for challenging words, vocabulary activities, discussions of the topic or genre that may help prepare students for greater comprehension of what they read
- Post-reading: reading comprehension activities exploring meaning, form, genre, literary devices, note-taking, interpretation and application, and vocabulary
- Handwriting and Composition: suggestions for handwriting practice, dictation, summarizing, creative writing, outlining, and other skills to strengthen both composition and understanding
- Extension & Cross-Curricular Activities: All sorts of ideas for how you and your students can go further with the science, geography, history, and literary topics in the lesson's readings!
- The Essentials Reader
- The Essentials Reader Student Activity Book (recommended)
- Essentials (recommended)
- Ages 8 to adult
- Older struggling readers using Essentials or another systematic phonics program
- Students with dyslexia
- Those planning to use The Essentials Reader as a full reading and composition program for students in grades 3-6
- About The Essentials Reader
- Essentials: Multi-Level Reading, Spelling, Grammar, & Vocabulary
- On the blog: posts about helping struggling readers
- On our YouTube™ channel: Teaching Struggling Readers and Spellers
- This Teacher's Guide is an optional companion to The Essentials Reader, a reading comprehension supplement for Logic of English Essentials.
- It is not possible to use this guide without The Essentials Reader.
- Purchase of the Student Activity Book for The Essentials Reader is strongly recommended with this book.
Available in print and PDF. Choose the format you want from the drop-down menu above. (Learn about downloads.)Print
- Full color
- 102 pages
- Weight: 8 oz.
- Product SKU: CERTG1P
- Downloadable PDF format
- Full color
- 102 pages
- Formatted to read on a tablet, computer, or other electronic device, or print on 8.5 x 11 inch paper
- Product SKU: CERTG1A
Copyright Notice: Our digital downloads come with a limited reproduction license. Licensed users may use the files on any device or computer and may print them, but may not sell, share, copy, transfer, or distribute files or prints to people not covered by the license.
Single Teacher License: This digital license is for use by only ONE teacher. Multiple teachers in the same school or multiple parents in the same co-op must each have their own purchased license.
Learn more about Logic of English PDFs.
We Also Recommend